Posted by: 1hime | January 8, 2011

Happy New Year! :)

A sickness crept on me last weekend and it inhibited me from starting my commitment to posting a day. I’m feeling much, much better.

First of all, Happy New Year! We made it to 2011! I sincerely wish everyone the best in achieving all your goals and endeavors this coming year. I’m anticipating the best!

The New Year’s festivities commenced at Nora’s place around 7pm (Friday 12/31/10). I made my appearance at that time, LOL! It was very nice to have a good time with friends. We had a few good conversations. All in all, it was a great time! Afterwards, a few of us (Nora, Susan, Steve, Kevin, and I) went to NYC to do the Midnight Run in Central Park. For me, this was the 3rd annual event. For others it was more than that. For those unfamiliar with the Midnight Run, this event is a 4 mile fun run. My friend Susan had a mishap the night before and was unable to run. I made the decision to walk the 4 miles with her. The gathering and camaraderie means more to me than just doing my thing (i.e. running). I figured I have all year to run. 😉

We drove to Central Park and started the walk after viewing some spectacular fireworks! :). We finished the walk in an hour. We then got back home around 2am.

Late Saturday morning 1/1/11, I woke up and wanted to swim. I did! I wanted to make this memorable for the first day of the year so I swam a mile (64 laps) in the pool. I’ve never done that long of a distance in my life. It was definitely memorable. Later that evening I went with my sister Mona and friend Sabreen and her daughter to do some shopping. Things started going downhill from there as I began to get very very sick. Like food poisoning sick. After 5 hours of torture I was depleted. I thought about going to the ER but was reluctant. Thank God Mona saved me. She bought some medicine from the pharmacy and it worked! I was hoping for it to work. If the medicine hadn’t worked, I would’ve been in deep trouble and would’ve ended up having to go to the hospital.

Sunday was a rest day as I was still very weak. I was taking it really easy with everything. The minute of tasks seemed to be a huge endeavor. Anyway, life is good and I survived.

More to come….


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: